How much force does the statement of the atheist that “there is no God” have? / Πόση ισχύ έχει η δήλωση ενός άθεου «δεν υπάρχει Θεός»;

No one knows enough to be an atheist. There is no logical ground for atheism. Atheism is logically impossible. The basis by which the atheist proclaims his faith is empty. He has no foundation, rationality, or epistemology for his denial of God.

chart

The above diagrams illustrate this truth. The first diagram represents total knowledge of reality. It includes everything there is to know, it represents one hundred percent knowledge. The logical question we must ask is, “How much of this knowledge does the atheist possess?” Very little! Einstein said he knew less than half of one percent. Let us be generous and give the atheist two percent of total knowledge. The second diagram represents the knowledge of the atheist in relation to total knowledge of reality. The next logical question: “Is it possible for God to exist outside the knowledge the atheist possesses?” The answer, logically yes! Then how can the atheist say there is no God? He cannot logically say there is no God. Is it any wonder the Bible says, “The fool says in his heart, ‘There is no God’” (Psalm 14:1 NIV)?

Steve Kumar, Christianity For Skeptics: An Understandable Examination of Christian Belief, σελ. 75.

 

To all the above add the following statement of Lee Smolin too:

Recent surveys reveal a universe that consists primarily of something unknown. 70% of the density of matter in the universe occurs in the form of dark energy, while 26% is dark matter. Only 4% is ordinary matter that we know. This means that less that the one twentieth (1/20) consists of material which we have observed experimentally or described by the standard model of particle physics. For the remaining 96%, besides the aforementioned properties, nothing is known.

Θεωρία χορδών. Όλα ή τίποτα; Lee Smolin, σελ. 53, 53.

Σε όλα τα παραπάνω προσθέστε και τις δηλώσεις του Lee Smolin:

Πρόσφατες έρευνες αποκαλύπτουν ένα Σύμπαν που αποτελείται κατά κύριο λόγο από κάτι άγνωστο. Το 70% της πυκνότητας ύλης του Σύμπαντος εμφανίζεται υπό μορφή σκοτεινής ενέργειας, ενώ το 26% είναι σκοτεινή ύλη. Μόλις το 4% είναι η συνηθισμένη ύλη που όλοι γνωρίζουμε. Αυτό σημαίνει ότι λιγότερο από ένα μέρος στα είκοσι αποτελείται από ύλη την οποία έχουμε παρατηρήσει πειραματικά ή έχουμε περιγράψει με το Καθιερωμένο Πρότυπο της σωματιδιακής φυσικής. Για το υπόλοιπο 96%, πέρα από τις προαναφερθείσες ιδιότητες, δεν γνωρίζουμε τίποτα.

Θεωρία χορδών. Όλα ή τίποτα; Lee Smolin, σελ. 53, 53.

Advertisements